Pay It Forward “Scrum – Values, Foundations, and Practices” in New york, NY- 8 PDUs (May 17, 2013)
When: May 17 , 2013 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM (ET)
Where: NY Seminar and Conference Center: 71 West 23rd Street Suite 515 New York, NY 10010
Instructor: Ram Srinivasan
This 1-day course teaches the principles and practices that make Scrum effective at managing projects.The course itself uses the principles of Scrum, where the learning outcome is driven by the needs of the participants through a combination of expert instruction and self-directed learning. Opportunities to reflect and adapt the direction of the course are offered at regular intervals.At the end of the training the participants will have the confidence and understanding to begin to socialize Scrum at their own organization and support teams in improving their processes.
The following elements will be covered during the one day course
* Scrum in Practice: the course is designed to illustrate Scrum in action.
* Understanding of the Agile Manifesto and what it means to them.
* Essence of Scrum: values, foundations and a new way of thinking.
* Understanding how Scrum values and foundations are related to the practices.
* Get a sense of what self-organization is (and is not).
* Draw a diagram of mechanics of Scrum: framework, roles, artifacts & flow.
Please note that in our course we use Scrum to teach Scrum!
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for developers, testers, team leads, project managers, iteration managers and other managers.