Certified Scrum Master Training in Irvine
Irvine, CA, August 21-22, 2010 (Weekend Class).
*Special offer - We are offering discounts for anyone who is currently not working ,please contact us for more details
(Please contact us for Early Bird Price and Group Discounts)
The Certified ScrumMaster Training (CSM) course consists of two days of presentation, group discussion and experiential/interactive exercises designed to effectively teach Scrum principles and practices. There are no powerpoint slides and the lecture aspect of the course is kept to a minimum. The value of Scrum comes from doing it, so the class focuses on action. At the end of the training the participants will have the confidence and understanding to begin to socialize Scrum at their own organization and support development teams in improving their processes.
Here is a quick synopsis of April CSM training conducted by Tobias Mayer.
Successful completion of a two-day ScrumMaster Certification course, taught by a Certified Scrum Trainer, is a requisite for taking the Certified ScrumMaster exam. Upon completion of the course, attendees are eligible to take the exam, the successful completion of which results in the designation of "Certified ScrumMaster" from the Scrum Alliance.
* Attendees of this training are eligible to earn 14 PDUs toward PMI certification.
This two-day course teaches the principles and practices that make ScrumMasters effective facilitators and productivity enhancers. The course itself uses the principles of Scrum, where the learning outcome is driven by the needs of the participants through a combination of expert instruction and self-directed learning. Opportunities to reflect and adapt the direction of the course are offered at regular intervals. At the end of the training the participants will have the confidence and understanding to begin to socialize Scrum at their own organization and support development teams in improving their processes.
The following elements will be covered during the two days
- Scrum in Practice: the course is designed to illustrate Scrum in action
- Essence of Scrum: values, principles and a new way of thinking
- Mechanics of Scrum: framework, roles, ceremonies, artifacts & flow
- Scrum Tools: prioritization, story writing, estimation, visual management and metrics
- ScrumMaster Skills: case studies and exercises to illustrate responsibilities and limitations of the ScrumMaster
Why CSM through us?
We acknowledge that for most of you CSM is just the beginning of your Agile journey. In order to support your Agile journey we offer the following for attendees of the CSM course:
- 3 follow-up sessions on topics you want to explore in detail on topics like Estimation and planning, Distributed Scrum, and User Stories.
- FREE 2 day assessment for your organization on where you are with your Agile journey to meet your goals and provide recommendation based on the findings.
- Our trainers have a unique style of conducting the Scrum training using Scrum practices and principles so you will actually experience, first-hand, all aspects of Scrum during the training. (Watch video below for more details).
- We offer discounted rates for anyone who is unemployed, and those working in non-IT fields.