Certified ScrumMaster Training in Bangalore by Carlton Nettleton (March 20-21, 2014 – 14 PDUs)
|When:||March 20-21, 2014 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
Hotel Confident Propus #7, Lang Ford Town, Hosur Main Road, Shantinagar, Opp To Sena Military Camp,
Looking for a straight-forward explanation of Scrum and how to use it effectively? Searching for ways to tailor your current processes to effectively support Scrum? During this two-day dynamic, interactive Certified ScrumMaster class, renowned consultant and Certified Scrum Trainer, Carlton Nettleton will share his proven, real-world experienced and techniques implementing Scrum and show you how you can be successful with Scrum. Through short, focused lectures that simplify each piece of the Scrum framework, the class will include lots of peer-to-peer discussions and small-group activities, that reinforce each topic and will help you maximize your understanding and retention of Scrum. You will learn from Carlton’s experience, and the experiences of the others, what works and what does not work with Scrum. Most importantly, you will have a blast learning as there is absolutely NO PowerPoint in this class.
This is what you will learn from the other participants in the course:
- "Everyone struggles with Scrum."
- "Scrum principles are based on tested results and workable."
- "Experience on applying Scrum in big, old organizations and struggles on how to change from traditional project manager to Scrum."
- "Admired their Agile mindset and their more positive ways of giving feedback "we can do better" vs. "we are off track".
- "Learned how they implemented Scrum, roadblocks they faced and how to overcome those."
- "Knowledge to decide whether Scrum is for me or not and when to implement it."
- "That others are facing similar issues in adopting and adapting to Scrum."
- "I learned a lot from people with different roles in their organization."
- "Mechanics are not the emphasis for success in this methodology."
- "The issues I face in my work is common among my classmates."
- "Surprised that Scrum is not as structured as PMI."
What you will receive from this course:
- A vivid, 55-page student workbook full of custom exercises, activities and course summaries that capture the essential points you need to learn and comprehend to pass the Certified ScrumMaster assessment.
- A signed copy of Carlton’s book, Fourteen Observations of Good Scrum Practice, to use as a study guide to prepare for the assessment.
- Documented Scrum case studies explaining how Scrum was used to create successful outcomes and improved teams.
- A reading list of great books to jump start your continuing education on topics such as how to do Scrum better, scaling Scrum, distributed Scrum, estimating and planning, Lean Thinking, facilitation, collaboration, communication and other essential topics.
- Thought-provoking articles relating to the role of the ScrumMaster, the challenges associated with doing Scrum, identifying waste in your business, the Agile Manifesto, how Scrum was used to rescue a troubled project and facilitating change.
- A forty-five minute, personalized question-and-answer session with a Scrum expert at the conclusion of the first day to answer your specific questions about Scrum and how to get started in your company.
- Two-year membership with the Scrum Alliance providing access to additional articles, case studies and templates authored by other Scrum practitioners like yourself along with discounts to Scrum events and conferences.
This is what some participants say about their level of involvement in this course:
"active", "engaged", "enthusiastic", "focused", "motivated", "involved", "committed", "curious", "energized", "awesome", "ready", "animated", "collaborative"
The learning objectives for this course are:
- List the five values of Scrum and the eight essential Scrum principles.
- Discuss each piece of the Scrum framework, it’s purpose and interaction with the other pieces of the framework.
- Describe the rights, responsibilities and interactions of each role in Scrum – Team member, Product Owner, ScrumMaster and stakeholder.
- Discuss with the other participants what Scrum means to you and what it will mean to be a ScrumMaster in your organization.
- Identify the main obstacles to using Scrum and the challenges for sustaining Scrum in your organization.
- Evaluate if Scrum is the right process for you, your team, your project andor your organization.
- Practice applying ScrumMaster skills and thinking to solve day-to-day issues and challenges.
- Watch Scrum in action as the framework of Scrum will be used to deliver the course material.
- Draw a diagram describing the Scrum framework, highlighting all meetings, roles and artifacts.
Who Should Attend
Any person who is interested in learning more about Scrum or wants to make Scrum work better for their Team or organization, is encouraged to attend. While the focus of the class is for people who want to learn how to leverage the Scrum framework to bring about change, any member of Team or the organization who is interested in how to use Scrum would find this class useful. Typical attendees in the past have been functional managers, Team leads, analysts, architects, engineers, software developers, directors, testers and other roles that support product development.
About your Instructor:
|Carlton Nettleton is an Agile software development coach, consultant and thought-leader in San Diego County. He provides advice, mentoring and training to teams and programs looking to better software quality, improve productivity, build great teams and apply Lean Thinking to software projects. He has over ten years of experience with software development as a contributor, facilitator and leader. He is a Certified Scrum Trainer and has been practicing Scrum since 2005.
This is what past participants say about Carlton:
"Good practical experience with Scrum."
"Carlton is an excellent instructor. I tell everyone how fantastic the course is!"
"Perfection: knows the content, uses good tools & techniques to deliver and adapts & learns."
"Very knowledable, engaging, personable and enthusiastic. I feel prepared to step into a ScrumMaster role!"
"Great subject matter, knowledgable, great teacher, demonstrated the values and principles of Scrum during instruction".
"Never got bored. Carlton changed up the format, location, activity types and had a good balance between presenting vs. discussing."
"Not using Powerpoint was excellent. The course continually kept my attention with live demos and participation."
"Carlton seemed to be aware when people became distracted and adpet at bringing people back."
"I loved how unconvential it was. I wish the class was longer."
Have questions about this class? Send us an email or use the form below. We'll get back to you as soon as possible!
What is your Enrollment Policy?
Enroll early and avail our Early Bird discounts. Due to the interactive nature of the class, we need a minimum of 8 people to run a training.
Registration may be open until an hour before the class, but please register early to reduce the chances of the class getting canceled.
Full refund will be given if you cancel within 48hrs of registration, else the funds can be used for a future training with us. If we cancel a training due to some reason, we will give you a full refund.
Will I be a Certified ScrumMaster at the end of the course?
Not yet. After completing the course, we will send you a link within 2 days for taking the online test given by ScrumAlliance. You will need to pass the test to get your ScrumMaster certification.
Is the certification or test fee included in the course price?
Yes, they are included. You do not need to pay anything else to become certified.
Is ScrumAlliance membership included in the course fee?
Yes, a 2 year membership is included with the course fee.
Do I receive PDU credits for a CSM course and how do I claim it?
You claim 14 PDUs from the Certified ScrumMaster class. You will be reporting Scrum trainings conducted by Conscires as Category B. There is no limit to the number of hours you can report in this category.
According to the PMP handbook: ‘Contact hours of project and/or program management education may be earned by attending relevant educational courses offered by organizations not registered with PMI. To calculate the number of PDUs earned, use the following formula: one contact hour of learning relevant to project and/or program management within a structured activity or course equals one PDU. Documentation required upon PMI audit/request: registration form, certificate or letter of attendance, and a brochure or course materials outlining the subject matter covered and the qualifications of the instructor/lecturer.’ Most CSTs can tell you how many PDUs their course offers.
How soon after my course do I have to complete the CSM Evaluation?
After receiving your membership email, you have 90 days to take and complete the online evaluation.
Price: INR 28,500
(12.36% Service Tax extra)
For payment mode, please call us at +91-9880090430 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org