Weekend Certified ScrumMaster Training By Heitor Roriz Filho in Atlanta, GA (May 11-12, 2013 – 14 PDUs)
|When:||May 11-12, 2013 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EDT|
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown
Heitor Roriz Filho
All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course and the corresponding evaluation designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.
Our CSM training is focused on Scrum basics and the ScrumMaster role. Besides the basic concepts the training includes discussions and group dynamics about the necessary soft skills for a ScrumMaster, aspects of technical excellence for the Scrum Team, and company-oriented Scrum implementation aspects.
This training brings our CST experience as public and private university lecturer, Informatics course coordinator, and hands-on professional in the industry for more than 15 years from which 7 years in Agile/Scrum only either as ScrumMaster, Product Owner or developer
Total work hours: 16h.
- Definition of Scrum: Basic Scrum background and framework, principles and values which ensure the correct understanding of Scrum.
- Scrum theory: The three legs of Scrum theory (transparency, inspection and adaptation) are explanied. Resultant and fundamental values are examined in details: responsibility, self-organization and self-management, sense of urgency, commitment, technical excellence, rhythm, discipline, respect and courage.
- Scrum framework: The meetings, artifacts and roles that make up the Scrum process.
- Scrum practices:Estimation, planning, user stories, planning poker, prioritization techniques and other practices which are commonly used in Scrum.
- Agile Leadership: What is it and why is it important for a ScrumMaster? Common models of Leadership.
- Coaching and facilitation: Coaching definition, coaching scenarios, and facilitation techniques used by ScrumMasters.
- ScrumMaster’s Soft Skills: Helpful hints and techniques for building high performing teams, conflict management, practical techniques for the daily work of a ScrumMaster.
- Scrum Evolution: Applying Scrum in more than one project, Scrum with geographically distributed teams (real cases), Scrum of Scrums, Product Owner configuration, Scrum beyond software, Scrum and pre-defined techniques like PMBOK, CMMI.
- Other topics as required by the attendees.
Who Should Attend
Project Managers, Software Developers, Functional Managers, Operations, Sales, Marketing, Engineers and Architects, executives.
Prerequisites: Experience with project management.
Who Should Attend:
Any person who is interested in learning more about Scrum or wants to make Scrum work better for their Team or organization, is encouraged to attend. While the focus of the class is for people who want to learn how to leverage the Scrum framework to bring about change, any member of Team or the organization who is interested in how to use Scrum would find this class useful.
Typical attendees in the past have been functional managers, Team leads, analysts, architects, engineers, software developers, directors, testers and other roles that support product development.
About your Instructor:
|Heitor Roriz Filho is an "agilero". He currently works as an Agile Coach and Trainer worldwide, based in Sao Paulo. He is a writer, speaker and trainer in the area of Technology Management. He has been dealing with Agile since 2004 and in addition to speaking for Agile/Scrum, Six Sigma and PMI conferences, he is the founder activist of the ScrumAmazonia user group. He worked for 3 years as a ScrumMaster and Product Owner for FPF and Siemens-Mobile where he also coached teams to implement and improve Scrum in projects.
Have questions about this class? Send us an email or use the form below. We'll get back to you as soon as possible!
What is your Enrollment Policy?
Enroll early and avail our Early Bird discounts. Due to the interactive nature of the class, we need a minimum of 8 people to run a training.
Registration may be open until an hour before the class, but please register early to reduce the chances of the class getting canceled.
Full refund will be given if you cancel within 48hrs of registration, else the funds can be used for a future training with us. If we cancel a training due to some reason, we will give you a full refund.
Will I be a Certified ScrumMaster at the end of the course?
Not yet. After completing the course, we will send you a link within 2 days for taking the online test given by ScrumAlliance. You will need to pass the test to get your ScrumMaster certification.
Is the certification or test fee included in the course price?
Yes, they are included. You do not need to pay anything else to become certified.
Is ScrumAlliance membership included in the course fee?
Yes, a 2 year membership is included with the course fee.
Do I receive PDU credits for a CSM course and how do I claim it?
You claim 14 PDUs from the Certified ScrumMaster class. You will be reporting Scrum trainings conducted by Conscires as Category B. There is no limit to the number of hours you can report in this category.
According to the PMP handbook: ‘Contact hours of project and/or program management education may be earned by attending relevant educational courses offered by organizations not registered with PMI. To calculate the number of PDUs earned, use the following formula: one contact hour of learning relevant to project and/or program management within a structured activity or course equals one PDU. Documentation required upon PMI audit/request: registration form, certificate or letter of attendance, and a brochure or course materials outlining the subject matter covered and the qualifications of the instructor/lecturer.’ Most CSTs can tell you how many PDUs their course offers.
How soon after my course do I have to complete the CSM Evaluation?
After receiving your membership email, you have 90 days to take and complete the online evaluation.