2 -Day Agile and Scrum in Action Workshop in Irvine, CA by Bachan Anand – 16 PDUs (April 24-25, 2017)
When: April 24-25, 2017 9.00 AM – 5:00 PM
Where: Back Bay Conference, 3415 Michelson Drive, Irvine, CA 92612
Instructor: Bachan Anand
This training offers a deep dive into practical considerations for implementing Scrum in organizations, including team creation, Scrum roll-out, visioning, business feature writing, creating product backlogs, and sprint planning. Additionally, the course provides an overview of Scrum roles, activities, and artifacts and how to begin executing Scrum in your work environment. The workshop is facilitated using interactive activities and Scrum principles and practices.
Getting everyone in your team aligned around the roles of Scrum so that expectations from each role is clear.
Basic understanding of the function and responsibilities of the ScrumMaster, Product Owner, and Team Members
Ability to build a Product Backlog
Ability to write a Business feature
• Ability to create a Sprint Backlog
• Ability to execute Release and Sprint Planning
• Understand what happens inside a Sprint
• Ability to execute Sprint Review and Retrospectives
• Create artifacts and metrics to support Scrum
• A technical questionnaire prepared by scrum experts will be provided before and after the training so as to fill in the gaps that could possibly be there, also the immediate feedback that will be shared helps you in understanding the foundations better.
• A sixty minute, personalized question-and-answer session with a Scrum expert at the end of the day to answer your specific questions about Scrum and how to get started in your company.
What You Get
• A reading list of great books to jump start your continuing education on topics such as how to do Scrum better, scaling Scrum, distributed Scrum, estimating and planning, Lean Thinking, facilitation, collaboration, communication and other essential topics.
• Thought-provoking articles relating to the role of the ScrumMaster, the challenges associated with doing Scrum, identifying waste in your business, the Agile Manifesto, how Scrum was used to rescue a troubled project and facilitating change.
• 16 PDUs towards PMI recertification.
Day 1 Agenda Basics
-Agile Overview –What is Agile ?
Agile foundations and Principles.
-Scrum Framework – Scrum Diagram
Practices & Rituals
-Scrum Roles – Current Roles vs. Scrum Roles
Day 2 Agenda Advanced & Simulation
Planning and Estimation –What is a Business Features
Estimating business features
Team Engagement -Self-organization
Product backlog grooming
Scrum Simulation – Scrum in Action to create a new Product
Product backlog creation
Detailed Q&A Case Studies- Detailed Q & A
Bachan Anand is an Agile Coach and the founder of Conscires Agile Practices. He brings the vision to support others building successful organizations through the empowerment of people and lightweight processes.
We Believe Happy People Create Better Work Places.
In Just a couple of days it will be Thanksgiving. We wanted to take this time to thank each and everyone of you who have attended, supported and helped out with our trainings this year. ~~Thank you!~~ Thank you for choosing Conscires and letting us provide you with a variety of trainings taught by our Read more
During the Holidays we asked everyone to pick one of the 12 Elements of Scrum and tell us what you love about the role. Our last blog was on “Why I love the Sprint Review meeting”. Next up on the 12 Elements of Scrum we have “Why I Love The Retrospective Meeting “. Out of the Read more
“My idea is to have a blog series that shares observations as a Coach, creates awareness that people may do things different, helps people understand the spirit behind practices, urges everyone to ask “WHY” a team is doing it this way and starts dialogue with other coaches and adopters”. Have you seen different types Read more