Agile Trainings & Workshops
Our trainings are aimed at instilling the core beliefs of Agile and Scrum and creating a transparent and collaborative environment where the team succeeds as a single entity. We provide a wide breadth of Scrum/Agile training courses for all levels of interests and budgets.
We offer Scrum Alliance designated trainings, upon completion of which the attendees will be eligible to a take an evaluation for obtaining the certification.
- Certified ScrumMaster Training: Two day, experiential course aimed at conveying:
- Scrum in Practice
- Essence of Scrum
- Mechanics of Scrum
- Scrum Tools
- ScrumMaster Skill Set
- Certified Scrum Product Owner Training: Two day course specifically focused on the duties of a Product Owner:
- Identifying sources of business value and using for feature prioritization
- Understanding customers and users
- Building and maintaining a product backlog
- Release planning
Conscires offers 1-day training courses for those interested in learning more about scrum but are not willing to commit to a full course or those who want to supplement their Agile education. We recommend training for organizations beginning an Agile adoption or needing to train 20 or more employees and individuals seeking specific Agile knowledge (framework overview, in a variety of Agile topics covers skills needed by Agile champions, ScrumMasters, Product Owners, Agile managers and team members). We conduct public and private non certified training.
Public training courses we currently offer include:
- “What is Scrum?” Workshop: The same introductory workshop covered in Day One of the private training. It is quite similar to the first day of a Certified ScrumMaster training course and offers a great, lower cost alternative for those needing some basic Scrum knowledge or for professionals in transition.
- Agile Estimating & Planning Workshop: This training is highly focused and intended for those already practicing Agile or involved in Agile adoption. The coursework includes an overview of relative estimation (as opposed to estimation in hours), sprint planning, release planning, etc.
- Coaching Agile Teams Workshop: Facilitated by Lyssa Adkins, this course is intended for ScrumMasters, Agile coaches and project managers in transition – people who are ready to take the next step beyond practices and principles and move into activating teams to achieve the full promise of agile. The material is taught in two 2-day courses, and at the end of each course, attendees will be capable of applying many new tools and techniques, as well as their own mindset changes, to coach agile teams to high performance.
Private training courses we currently offer include:
Private training is structured into a three day training model aimed at producing cohesive teams and enthusiastic Agile champions. While we encourage companies to purchase the three day package, each day is available “a la carte.” The usual lay out (tailored to each client) is as follows:
- Day One: “What is Scrum?”: This is an introductory workshop covering the basic elements of Agile and Scrum including: Essence of Scrum, Scrum Mechanics, Principles and Values, and The Agile Manifesto.
- Day Two: Agile Leadership Training: The second day is more focused on preparing management and leadership (team leaders, potential Agile champions, etc) for Scrum roles and the challenges of Agile adoption.
- Day Three: Product Owner Training: Possibly the most important piece of a smooth and successful Agile adoption, product owner training is conducted in small groups with heavy emphasis on mechanics and practices (prioritization, backlog grooming, story mapping, etc).