2 -Day Agile and Scrum in Action Workshop in Irvine, CA by Bachan Anand – 16 PDUs (Aug 11-12, 2016)
This training qualifies towards 16 PMI PDUs and 16 PMI-ACP contact hours.
|When:||AUg 11-12, 2016 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
Back Bay Conference
3415 Michelson Drive
Irvine, CA 92612
This training offers a deep dive into practical considerations for implementing Scrum in organizations, including team creation, Scrum roll-out, visioning, business feature writing, creating product backlogs, and sprint planning. Additionally, the course provides an overview of Scrum roles, activities, and artifacts and how to begin executing Scrum in your work environment. The workshop is facilitated using interactive activities and Scrum principles and practices.
Getting everyone in your team aligned around the roles of Scrum so that expectations from each role is clear.
Basic understanding of the function and responsibilities of the ScrumMaster, Product Owner, and Team Members
Ability to build a Product Backlog
Ability to write a Business feature
• Ability to create a Sprint Backlog
• Ability to execute Release and Sprint Planning
• Understand what happens inside a Sprint
• Ability to execute Sprint Review and Retrospectives
• Create artifacts and metrics to support Scrum
• A technical questionnaire prepared by scrum experts will be provided before and after the training so as to fill in the gaps that could possibly be there, also the immediate feedback that will be shared helps you in understanding the foundations better.
• A sixty minute, personalized question-and-answer session with a Scrum expert at the end of the day to answer your specific questions about Scrum and how to get started in your company.
What You Get
• A reading list of great books to jump start your continuing education on topics such as how to do Scrum better, scaling Scrum, distributed Scrum, estimating and planning, Lean Thinking, facilitation, collaboration, communication and other essential topics.
• Thought-provoking articles relating to the role of the ScrumMaster, the challenges associated with doing Scrum, identifying waste in your business, the Agile Manifesto, how Scrum was used to rescue a troubled project and facilitating change.
• 16 PDUs towards PMI recertification.
Day 1 Agenda Basics
-Agile Overview -What is Agile ?
Agile foundations and Principles.
-Scrum Framework - Scrum Diagram
Practices & Rituals
-Scrum Roles - Current Roles vs. Scrum Roles
Day 2 Agenda Advanced & Simulation
Planning and Estimation -What is a Business Features
Estimating business features
Team Engagement -Self-organization
Product backlog grooming
Scrum Simulation - Scrum in Action to create a new Product
Product backlog creation
Detailed Q&A Case Studies- Detailed Q & A
About your Instructor:
|Bachan Anand is an Agile Coach and the founder of Conscires Agile Practices. He brings the vision to support others building successful organizations through the empowerment of people and lightweight processes.
This is what past participants say about Bachan's training:
"A college and I took Bachan's 1 day Pay it Forward Agile & Scrum Training recently. We really enjoyed the course, especially the exercises. Really solid foundations for both Agile and SCRUM.
Eduardo Martinez, Project Manager and Business Analyst at ELGE Martinez Consulting, LLC
" Mr. Bachan demonstrates that he manages very well the topics and I was impressed the way and the style he used training the audience helping to understand the scrums foundations and the roles and the approach to adopt the Agile methodology.
The training was very interesting. Some of the topics that I enjoyed most was the Scrum Roles Details where it was identified all the traditional Project Manager responsibility aligned within the Agile Methodology. And also, I enjoyed learning about the technique used to Planning, Estimation Sprint and the Scrum Diagram.
Thanks Mr. Bachan for your time and dedication to this training. I think that Agile Practices is something that you should consider as an option if you want to improve your way to deliver software solution.
" Bachan's Scrum Master training was very effective and informative. I learned a lot in a short period of time, due to his intuitive methods and presentation style. He is excellent when dealing with a group of people who have different skill levels and got everyone involved effectively in the group exercises, which were key to learning the team concepts.
I would recommend Bachan as a trainer and facilitator - he knows his subject and is able to transfer that knowledge effectively.
Who Should Attend
If you are a Project Manager, Product Manager, Functional Lead, Director, Business Analyst, Engineer, or Software Developer, this class will provide a solid foundation for how to take Agile concepts and Scrum to the next level in your organization or get started on a new path of collaboration, focus, and quality to propel your product development to new heights!
Have questions about this class? Send us an email or use the form below. We'll get back to you as soon as possible!
1. What is your Enrollment Policy ?
Due to the interactive nature of the class, we need a minimum of 8 people to run a training. Registration may be open until an hour before the class, but please register early to reduce the chances of the class getting canceled.
Full refund will be given if you cancel within 48hrs of registration, else the funds can be used for a future training with us.
If we cancel a training due to some reason, you will receive a full refund.
2. Is this is a certified training course?
No, this is NOT a certified training course. However, you can earn 16 PDUs for attending this course.
3. How is this training different from the 2-day certified trainings?
The 2-day certified trainings (Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)/Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)) offer an in-depth understanding of Scrum and the role of a ScrumMaster/Product Owner. At the end of these trainings, there is a certification exam from Scrum Alliance.
On the other hand, the Pay it Forward class is a 2-day course offering a deep dive into practical considerations for implementing Scrum in organizations, including team creation, Scrum roll-out, visioning, business feature writing, creating product backlogs, and sprint planning. There is no certification to this class.
4. What is taught in the “2-Day Agile and Scrum Class” ?
This training offers a deep dive into practical considerations for implementing Scrum in organizations, including team creation, Scrum roll-out, visioning, business feature writing, creating product backlogs, and sprint planning.
5. Are there any pre-requisites that I need to have to attend these trainings?
There are no pre-requisites to participate in the training, other than an interest in learning about Scrum, and the willingness to participate in learning and interacting throughout the day.!
6. Can I pay in installments?
Yes, you may pay in installments. Please contact us for further information.