Let’s (re)build Agile Community
By Bachan Anand / Filed under Uncategorized / April 2nd, 2010
Do you believe we in the Agile community (who has seen organization and individuals transformed through Agile adoption) can collaborate better and grow better as a community ?
I believe we should be focusing more on building the Agile community as a whole and focus less on ::
- Scrum Alliance and how to find fault with them and thinking that forming another Scrum organization will fix the challenges.
- Trying to figure out whether Kanban is better than Scrum or the other way around and what is the next wave.
- Management does not like AGILE and will not get it.
- Why is Agile better than Waterfall.
All these discussion and steps are powerful if we are coming from a point of view of abundance and WIN- WIN , and if the discussions are focused on improving , not for telling I am better than the other.
So what does WIN – WIN and abundance looks like from my perspective.
- Don’t just rely of Scrum Alliance / Scrum.org or something else to grow Agile and overcome challenges, take responsibility and do what you can to support each other.
- Have a forum where we give people true choice instead of being hung up that one framework / methodology is better than the other , educate ourselves about the XP, Scrum , Kanban etc and Agile Principles and provide organizations with an honest assessment and provide a road map for their Agile Adoption taking the practices that will most benefit each organization.
- Reflect on why management has a hard time with Agile and see how we can support it and educate us of management’s concern and educate management on Agile.
- Get involved and spread Agile/ Scrum outside of Software, Non Profits, churches , learn from it and incorporate that into Software.
- Share success stories and provide more information so that people can learn from it and emulate the success.
- Have more discussion around managements involvement and how Management can support an Agile Adoption.
- Form master mind groups at the leadership level so that we can work on the common challenges as a team beyond the barrier of frameworks and methodologies.
- Forming Coaching circles so that we work as a team .
I am sure some of you may be doing this and much more already . I welcome all of you to join hands and share those information, get other people involved .
Let ‘s all grow together , there is enough place for Scrum . Kanban , XP and much more to succeed in this world.Let’s come from a point of abundance and not operate from a point of view of scarcity.
Here is another article I found by Mark Levison – Certification may be evil, but we do lets stop fighting and create some value
If anyone of you is interested in participating please visit these online communities.
This is a Google Group formed during Scrum Gathering – Let’s Grow the Community
A Google Group with the objective of bringing Scrum practitioners from different industries together - Scrum Collective
Google Group for Agile Developers Group working to build a road map of the skills that are valuable to a software developer working in an Agile style
Please provide your views on how we can build the community . I would love for like minded individuals to get together and start contributing. Let’s link existing communities that are already working in this direction.